THERE IS NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION FOR THE HALF MARATHON
The half marathon course is certified.
7:45 A.M. HALF MARATHON - RUNNERS & WALKERS
Buses will be available for you (starting at 5:30 a.m.) at Confederation Park to shuttle you to ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park where the start of the half marathon will begin. (Last bus to Half Marathon leaves at 6:45 a.m.).
CHARITABLE DONATIONS AND PLEDGES
After you register, you can set up your personalized pledge page so people can donate to you online. We have many charity partners that you could raise money for!
The Half Marathon begins at ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park, (Map) at Green Mountain Road and First Road East, Stoney Creek ON, and heads down the Red Hill Expressway towards the lake and then along Beach Blvd. The half then turns onto the beautiful waterfront trail and takes you back towards Confederation Park where there will be many spectators waiting to cheer you on. It is a beautiful fast downhill route!
Sorry, no in-line skates, roller-skates, bicycles, strollers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
For the safety of all participants, we strongly recommend you do not wear iPods, walkmans, or similar devices which inhibit your ability to hear surrounding sounds.
The half marathon course is certified to ensure accuracy.
TIME LIMIT - The only time limit is to be off the Red Hill Expressway by 12:00 noon. For the half marathon that is around the 12K mark.
AID STATION & TIMING
The course will be marked every kilometre, as well as there will be one aid station every 3km.
We will serve water and Skratch Labs electrolyte drink at the aid stations.
Gels or Bloks will be available from CLIF at one station only, approximately the 12km mark.
All events will be timed using the chip time disposable chip system. The chip is embedded in your race bib and It is your responsibility to ensure that your clothing does not cover your bib and inactivate the chip.
- Kit Includes: Chip embedded bib, shirt, sponsor samples, and promotion materials.
- Pickup Dates and Times: Friday November 2 - 1:00p.m. - 6:00p.m. @ Confederation Park
- Pickup Dates and Times: Saturday November 3 - 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m. @ Confederation Park
- Kits will not be mailed. Anyone can pick-up your kit at the expo. They may be asked for identification and your confirmation number (if you registered online) so please bring a confirmation email with you.
- Same Day Kit Pick Up is NOT preferred. If you must pick up on race day, this year that will be at CONFEDERATION PARK in the Registration Tent. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND PICKING UP YOUR RACE KIT AT THE EXPO BEFORE RACE DAY!
- Please be sure to write your full name, emergency contact information and any allergies or health conditions you have on the back of your race bib.
PARKING AND SHUTTLES TO THE START LINE
Buses will be available for you (starting at 5:30 a.m.) at Confederation Park to shuttle you to
ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park where the start of the half marathon will begin. The arena is open and there is lots of room inside to stay warm, so come early. Please take advantage of the free bus shuttles at Confederation Park and park your car there where there is free parking! There will be no shuttle after the race to take you back to the start line.
If you are being dropped off at the start line, please note that there is NO PARKING at the park. There is free parking at the Starlite Drive-In on Green Mtn. Rd., just 400 m. from the park.
ROAD CLOSURES ON SUNDAY FOR HALF MARATHON
Northbound Red Hill Expressway all accesses from past Dartnall Rd. to QEW, closed at 7am. Expect delays on Centennial Parkway & Mud Street from 8am to 10am. Also expect delays at Barton Street & RHVP as well as Beach Road to North Service Road by Confederation Park.(Click on the map icon to enlarge and print out)
Bag check is available on SUNDAY at ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park. You must clearly mark your bag with your bib number on it. Your bag will then be shuttled back to Confederation Park where you can pick it up in the Registration Tent. You must have your Bib number to claim your bag. Any bags not claimed will be donated to charity. All clothing discarded along the race route will be donated to charity.
please note - don't get disqualified!
RUNNERS MAY DISCARD CLOTHING AND/OR GARBAGE NEAR AN AID STATION ONLY. IF YOU DISCARD THINGS BEYOND THE AID STATIONS, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!! THERE WILL BE A MARKED, SAFE DROP ZONE AT ABOUT THE 1KM MARK. AFTER THAT, ANYTHING THAT IS DISCARDED MUST BE NEAR AN AID STATION. OUR CITY AND NEIGHBOURS THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Pacers will be provided for the following finish times: (These were the 2017 times. 2018 Pace times will be posted once they have been confirmed.)
- Half Marathon - 1:40; 1:50; 2:00; 2:15; 2:30
- Full Marathon - 3:25; 3:40; 3:50; 4:00; 4:15; 4:30
Where to Meet on Race Day
- On race morning you'll see them lined up according to their pace and holding signs with their finish times. Just fall-in with your group.
HALF MARATHON PRIZES
Overall Male & Female:
1st Place: $200
2nd Place: $100
3rd Place: $50
Commemorative Cups for placing in your age division.