THERE IS NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION FOR THE FULL MARATHON
RANKED CANADA'S #1 BOSTON QUALIFIER
The Full marathon is a certified Boston Qualifer! It starts at ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park,
at Green Mountain Road and First Road East, Stoney Creek ON, and the first 15k of the marathon is along the back country roads of Hamilton, and the edge of the escarpment. You will then head towards the Red Hill Expressway where you will meet up with some of the half marathoners. You will enjoy this down hill coast and the beautiful scenery of the Red Hill. It will be closed to traffic. Once you exit the Red Hill you will then start your journey towards Beach Blvd, running towards Burlington and then turning towards the Waterfront Trail, to finish the last 7 kms along the lake. This is a fast marathon route and rated the #1 Boston Qualifier on Canadian soil, by marathonguide.com. In 2016, 28.5% of our participants qualified for Boston!
Time Limit - The only time limit for the race is to be off the Red Hill Expressway by 12:00 noon. That is approximately at the 29K mark for the full marathon.
CHECK OUT THE FULL MARATHON COURSE ON THIS VIDEO:
This route on this video has been changed slightly, but it correctly shows you the terrain and distance. For the complete, accurate route, click on the map below.
The full marathon course is cerified for accuracy as a Boston Qualifier.
CHARITABLE DONATIONS AND PLEDGES
After you register, you can set up your personalized pledge page so people can donate to you online. We have many charity partners that you could raise money for!
8:00 a.m. GRANTEK MARATHON - ARCELORMITTAL PARK
Buses will be available for you at Confederation Park (Starting at 5:30 a.m.) to shuttle you to ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park where the start of the marathon will begin (Last bus - 6:45 a.m.)
There will be no shuttle back to the starting area after the race.
Sorry, no in-line skates, roller-skates, bicycles, strollers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
For the safety of all participants, we strongly recommend you do not wear iPods, walkmans, or similar devices which inhibit your ability to hear surrounding sounds.
AID STATION & TIMING
The course will be marked every kilometer, as well as there will be one aid station every 3km.
We will serve water and Skratch Labs electrolyte drink at the aid stations.
Gels and Bloks will be available from Clif at one aid station only at approximately the 29km mark.
All events will be timed using the chip time disposable chip system. The chip is embedded in your race bib and it is your responsibility to ensure that your clothing does not cover your bib and inactivate the chip.
- Kit Includes: Chip embedded bib, shirt, sponsor samples, and promotion materials.
- Pickup Dates and Times: Friday November 2 - 1:00p.m. - 6:00p.m. @ Confederation Park
- Pickup Dates and Times: Saturday November 3 - 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m. @ Confederation Park
- Kits will not be mailed. Anyone can pick-up your kit at the expo. They may be asked for identification and your confirmation number (if you registered online) so please bring a confirmation email with you.
- Same Day Kit Pick Up is NOT preferred. If you must pick up on race day, this year that will be at CONFEDERATION PARK in the Registration Tent. You can pick up a bib only. No shirts and bags will be given out on race morning as it causes congestion. You can check back after the race for these items. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND PICKING UP YOUR RACE KIT AT THE EXPO BEFORE RACE DAY!
- Please be sure to write your full name, emergency contact information and any allergies or health conditions you have on the back of your race bib.
PARKING AND SHUTTLES TO THE START LINE
Buses will be available for you (starting at 5:30 a.m.) at Confederation Park to shuttle you to
ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park where the start of the half marathon will begin. The arena is open and
there is lots of room inside to stay warm so come early. Please take advantage of the free bus shuttles at Confederation Park and park your car at Confederation Park where there is lots of free parking! There will be no shuttle after the race.
If you are being dropped off at the start line, please note that there is NO PARKING at the park. There is free parking at the Starlite Drive-In on Green Mtn. Rd., just 400 m. from the park.
ROAD CLOSURES ON SUNDAY FOR MARATHON
Northbound Red Hill Expressway all accesses from past Dartnall Rd. to QEW, closed at 7am. Expect delays on Centennial Parkway & Mud Street from 8am to 10am. Also expect delays at Barton Street & RHVP as well as Beach Road to North Service Road by Confederation Park.(Click on the map icon to enlarge and print out)
Bag check is available on SUNDAY at ArcelorMittal Dofasco Park. You must clearly mark your bag with your bib number on it. Your bag will then be shuttled back to Confederation Park where you can pick it up in the Registration Tent. You must have your Bib number to claim your bag. Any bags not claimed will be donated to Helping Hands Street Mission. All clothing discarded along the race route will be donated to charity.
Pacers will be provided for the following finish times. These are the pace times from the 2017 race. 2018 times will be posted once the pacers have been confirmed.
- Half Marathon - 1:40; 1:50; 2:00; 2:15; 2:30
- Full Marathon - 3:30; 3:45; 3:55; 4:00; 4:15; 4:30
Where to Meet on Race Day
- On race morning you'll see them lined up according to their pace and holding signs with their finish times. Just fall-in with your group.
Overall Male & Female:
1st Place: $800
2nd Place: $400
3rd Place: $200
Commemorative cups for placing in your age group.