If your charity would like to become a Charity Partner, please read this page to get all the details. If you then want to join us as a partner, registration for partnership will open in February.
We do the work for you of planning an event - you get to come alongside and raise funds for your organization for a small fee. We ask that you provide 5 volunteers to help us out on race weekend and that 20 runners register to raise money for your charity.
We look forward to working with you!
— CHARITY PARTNER PROGRAM —
Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope Weekend:
1K, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon & Hammer Challenge Races!
Saturday, November 3 & Sunday, November 4, 2018
(Expo on Friday, November 2, 2018 to set up your booth to promote your charity and collect any donations.)
A Family Event For Everyone:
Saturday: 1K Kids Run
5K Walk/Run/Wheelchair 10K Walk/Run
Sunday: Half Marathon (21.1K)
OUR CHARITY PARTNER CONCEPT:
The Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope wants to help Charity Partners who are interested in raising significant funds for their charity through a big event, but don't have the time, resources or people to plan a big event. You can concentrate on team building and fundraising while we organize and plan all the details of the event.
Encourage participation in the Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope while raising funds for one of our official Charity Partners. In 2017, our Community Charities raised over $300,000.
Leverage this program and engage your constituents while competing in a well-run event as an Official Charity Partner.
Benefits for Your Charity:
- Encourages participation and support for your cause by allowing participants to raise funds for the charity of their choice.
- Reduces risk by removing many of the costs, time and resources associated with organizing a stand-alone event.
- Raises awareness for your cause by partnering with a first-class event that attracts participants from across Canada.
- Free, personalized fundraising. We add the convenience and security of online fundraising and tax receipting. You get 100% of your donations (minus online administrative fee).
Benefits of Using Our Online Fundraising System:
- Quick reporting – fundraising reports containing registrant details and individual donation, including tax receipt numbers.
- Tax receipts are generated electronically and issued to the donors email address.
- Lower administration costs – a service fee will be deducted for online costs and the rest goes to you, the charity. Less handling of donations means more time to recruit and encourage participants. Service fees are 5%.
- Ease of linking to social mediums such as Facebook and Twitter.
Benefits for Your Team:
- Technical shirt for all participants.
- Free training programs available for all the distance races.
- Free online fundraising, courtesy of Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope.
- Booth in the Charity Tent on race weekend to raise awareness of your charity and a place for your runners to meet and collect any manual donations.
During the Race:
- Our course is flat, fast, traffic free and well marshalled.
- “CANADA’S” Fastest Boston Qualifying Race – we attract runners from across Canada and North America and beyond.
- An opportunity to gain exposure for your cause.
- Children have a great time in our ‘Kids Fun Zone’.
After the Race:
- Unique finisher medals for ALL participants of all races.
- Complimentary food and refreshments for race participants.
- Free post-race massages after the half and full marathon.
- Food vendors for spectators.
How to Become a Charity Partner:
- You must be a Canadian Registered Charity in good standing.
- Sign up online today by clicking on “Charity Partner Registration” to download a registration form.
- Once your charity has been reviewed and accepted by us, it will be posted on our webpage and added to our registrations as one of our charity partners. People can begin running and getting donations for your organization. Please allow about 48 hours for this process to be completed.
- After you have registered and been approved by Hamilton Marathon, Race Roster will contact you to confirm your receipting information.
- You will then be invoiced for $350 + HST + service fee of $7.00 + HST= $403.41 (NOTE: This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.) **Includes space in the charity partners tent at no additional cost**
What HMR2H Expects From the Charity Partner :
- You will recruit a minimum of 20 participants for the weekend. (The more participants, the more people there will be to raise money for your charity.)
- Your charity will provide a minimum of 5 volunteers for race weekend. (See below)
- You provide your own signs for the Expo booth. We will supply 1 table and 2 chairs.
Charity Volunters - An Opportunity for Additional Exposure on Race Day:
- It takes more than 500 volunteers to deliver a first class event like the Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope. Your charity will need to help us by providing at least 5 of these volunteers.
- Your adult volunteers who are not running, can join our volunteers to help in a variety of ways. Maybe your team of 5 or more can work together in the:
- Food Tent (Saturday or Sunday)
- Registration (Friday afternoon or Saturday morning or afternoon)
- Giving out T-shirts to participants on Friday afternoon or Sunday morning or afternoon
- Helping with parking on Saturday morning or early Sunday morning
- Helping tag and store participant's baggage early Sunday morning
- Being on our "green team" keeping the grounds looking great during the weekend
- Coming as a team of volunteers helps your volunteers have a great experience and helps us run our event with ease.
- Please let us know by October 1 who from your organization will be volunteering and what times they are available. If you wait until race weekend, the times they want will no longer be vacant. We want your team to get the places to work that they will enjoy the best.
All Charity Partner inquiries should be directed to: Arlene Wells firstname.lastname@example.org